Civically Engaged Alumni Roundtables
On Tuesday, April 8th, Northwestern will host a student-alumni networking event focused on ways students can build meaningful lives and successful careers for themselves, based on any field of study.
The CIVICALLY ENGAGED ALUMNI ROUNDTABLES event features visiting alumni representing different fields who are all connected by a commitment to integrating social responsibility into their careers and personal lives. Space is limited. Click here to register now!
Check-in for the event begins at 4:15pm in the Northwestern Room at Norris University Center. The event starts at 4:30 and will be followed by a reception at 6pm, where attendees can network with one another and the 20+ inspiring NU alumni who will have returned to campus for the event.
The undergraduate alumni roundtable breakout sessions are organized around the following themes. Attendees can select one breakout session to attend:
- Arts / Culture
(co-sponsored by NU's Performance Studies Department)
- Anna Duncan, Fifth House Ensemble
- Jacob Watson, For Youth Inquiry Theatre Group
- Kate Zeller, School of the Art Institute
- Business / Management
- Elisabeth Apperson, Arabella Advisors
- Katherine Ranney, Analysis Group & Junior Achievement
- Tom Vranas, Proact Search/Supes Academy
- Education / Youth (co-sponsored by NU's School of Education & Social Policy)
- El Da'Sheon Nix, The Beyond Sports Foundation
- Lena Peck, Match Education Corps
- Julie Strand, Chicago Youth Programs
- Precious Wright, Youth Job Center
- Media / Communication (co-sponsored by Studio 22)
- Hillary Bachelder, Kartemquin Films
- Maria Finitzo, Kartemquin Films
- Melanie Kahl, Canon Design
- Nonprofit / Advocacy / Government / Policy
(co-sponsored by the Institute for Policy Research, Northwestern Community Development Corps, and the School of Education & Social Policy)
- Kathy Chan, Cook County Health & Hospital System
- Visraant Iyer, McMaster-Carr
- Patrick Keenan-Devlin, James B. Moran Center for Youth Advocacy
- Science / Technology / Sustainability
- Timi Chu, McMaster-Carr
- Mert Iseri, SwipeSense, Inc.
- Marisa Martin, Baker & McKenzie - Global Environmental Practice
Graduate Panel (co-sponsored by The Graduate School)
The Ph.D. alumni panel will engage graduate students interested in careers in social justice and civic responsibility. The lively discussion will feature:
- Tiffany Simons Chan, Eden Place Nature Center
- Jennifer Schwarz-Ballard, Chicago Botanic Garden
- Jonathan Freaney, Union League Boys & Girls Club
The event is free and open to the entire Northwestern community, but space is limited.
*CLICK HERE TO REGISTER*
Civically Engaged Alumni Roundtables is hosted by the Center for Civic Engagement in collaboration with The Graduate School and University Career Services, with additional support from the schools, departments, and student organizations listed above.
This event is part of NU's new PUBLIC INTEREST CAREER DAY sponsored by University Career Services and the Center for Civic Engagement. Make sure to stop by check out the Public Interest Career Fair earlier in the day, featuring over 30 nonprofit, public service and civically oriented employers and internships hosts. The fair runs from 12noon - 3pm on the 2nd Floor of Norris. Click here for more details.
Questions? Contact the Center for Civic Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.